Traveling to India is on many people’s bucket lists and, in the case of Brazilian citizens, they can accomplish this goal by readily applying for an Indian eVisa online.
The Indian government has taken steps since November 2014 to make entering the country easy for tourists, business executives, or people seeking medical assistance for a short duration.
The Indian eVisa is an official document that allows Brazilian nationals to enter and travel within the nation. This permit is also known as India’s electronic travel authorization, which can be issued for people visiting friends and family as well.
Brazilian nationals can obtain an eVisa for India if they are in other circumstances, such as attending short courses on local languages, cuisine, crafts, or any other formally unstructured program that does not exceed six months.
Are Brazilians eligible for an Indian eVisa?
Today, over 150 countries including Brazil, are eligible for the India eVisa. This way, travelers do not have to incur traveling costs to embassies or go through many hurdles to obtain their visa.
Brazilian applicants must obtain a visa to enter the country via the border legally and to make the most of their visit. With the eVisa, Brazilians can arrive through any of the 28 airports and 5 seaports that allow its use.
How to Apply for an India Online Visa From Brazil
Brazilians traveling from Brazil to India need to make their application for the Indian eVisa at least four calendar days before the anticipated date of arrival and can be made as early as 120 days in advance.
The entire process may take up to fifteen minutes, including uploads of the right documents and making the eVisa application fees.
Each specific eVisa has its associated charge, which Brazilian applicants can pay for via e-wallets or debit/credit card.
If the application is successful, then the citizens of Brazil will receive the travel permit via email within a couple of days.
India eVisa for Brazil: What to Do After Approval
The visa will be valid for one year from the date of arrival. If Brazilians apply for an e-tourist Visa, continuous stay within the country cannot exceed 90 days, while those on an e-business visa may not stay longer than 180 days.
During the time of travel, the traveler of Brazil will be required to bring with them a copy of the Electronic Travel Authorization. Before they commence their travel, Brazilians must ensure that their status for the Indian eVisa is shown as “Granted” on the application website.
Immigration services will capture their biometric details upon arrival to India. Moreover, travelers will be required to bring the passport on which they applied for the eVisa to be allowed into the country.
Brazilians are advised there might be severe consequences when overstaying an India visa, therefore, it is recommended to leave the country within the stipulated time.
Types of Indian Visas for Brazil Passport Holders
The eVisa for India is available for Brazilians under the following Indian eVisa types:Apply for e-Visa
Indian eVisa Requirements for Brazilians: Documents & Conditions Required
There are certain entry visa requirements established by India. These take the form of documents or conditions that Brazilians are obliged to comply with in order to successfully obtain an Indian eVisa.
A Brazilian traveler will require:
- A passport with at least six months’ validity at the time of making their application
- A return or onward journey ticket plus sufficient funds to sustain themselves through the duration of the journey are required
- A recent front-facing photograph with a white background. Minimum size: 10 KB. Maximum size: 1 MB. Format: jpeg. Other conditions: the applicant’s face must appear in full, centered, and with eyes open, no spectacles, without shadows or borders
- Scan of the passport page containing personal details like name, nationality, date of birth, date of expiry, and other vital personal details
In the case of specific eVisas, Brazilians will also need the following according to their particular situation:
- For voluntary work or short courses, a copy of the organization will be required with its letterhead clearly showing is required
- For an India medical eVisa, a copy of the letter for the concerned hospital in India with its letterhead and date of admission clearly showing
- For an Indian e-Business Visa, a letter of invitation from the Indian parties with whom you want to conduct business with plus a business card
- For an e-conference visa to visit India, an invitation from the conference organizer, plus both political and event clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs
These documents will require to be uploaded in PDF format and ensure it is between 10KB and 300KB in size. They must also be in English; otherwise, the application will be rejected.
To improve your chances of getting the eVisa, Brazilians need to check that the scans and photos meet the stipulated requirements.
The India eVisa is non-extendable, non-convertible, and is not valid for visiting areas designated as Cantonment or Restricted. To visit these places, a Brazilian national would need to seek additional prior permission from the Civil Authority.