India’s mix of culture, tradition, history, and architecture makes it one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. As the seventh-largest country in the world by area, India has plenty to offer visitors, from famous locations such as the Taj Mahal to miles of beaches and a wide variety of cuisines.
Some of the reasons tourists visit India are to experience unrivaled architecture, take part in yoga retreats, or learn about the country’s spiritual healing. The introduction of the first Indian electronic travel authorization, available for 40 countries, made paperwork disappear for many citizens interested in exploring the nation.
As such, it remains hugely popular with tourists and, as a result, in 2015 the Indian government revised its visa process, which resulted in the expansion of the online travel permit for a total of 169 nations, Chile included, making it easier for their nationals to apply for an eVisa.
Those wishing to visit India will require a visa and a passport when they enter the country to prove their identity. And now the India eVisa makes applying for a travel authorization faster and more convenient than ever for Chileans.
Are Chileans Eligible for an Indian eVisa?
India’s government made it possible for citizens of 169 countries to enter the country if they hold a valid visa. Chile is one of the countries included in this list.
Chilean citizens can apply for an Indian tourist visa online, removing the need to book an appointment at the Indian Embassy. The application, visa fee, and document submission can all be completed and submitted online, making it a much quicker and more convenient way to apply.
Before filling out the visa form, applicants should ensure they have checked the Indian visa requirements required for Chilean citizens.
How to Apply for an India Online Visa From Chile
The entire India visa application process takes place online, but Chilean nationals wishing to apply for an Indian visa should familiarize themselves with what is required before starting to upload their application. Applicants will need:
- A completed eVisa application form.
- A scanned PDF copy of their passport in color. Please ensure the passport has a least six months’ validity from the planned date of arrival in India.
- A passport-sized photograph with the dimensions between 350 x 350 pixels and 1,000 x 1,000 pixels, saved as a JPEG file. The photo must have a white background.
Payment will be taken online as part of the application, so applicants should ensure they also have a valid debit or credit card with which to make the payment.Apply for e-Visa now
Types of Indian Visas for Chile Passport Holders
Chilean nationals can apply for three different types of India eVisa: the e-Tourist Visa, the e-Business Visa or the e-Medical Visa.
- The e-Tourist visa is for those wishing to travel to India for tourism purposes and can be used for holidays, meeting friends and relatives, sightseeing and retreats for up to 90 days.
- The e-Business visa is for those visiting India for business purposes. It is intended for those attending meetings, setting up business ventures, recruiting staff or delivering talks, and provides a stay of up to 180 days.
- The e-Medical visa is for travelers seeking medical treatment in India. It grants the holder up to 60 days in the country and allows them to stay a total of three times.
In general, the application for Chilean nationals takes two to four business days to be granted. Applicants can apply for a visa as soon as they know the dates they will be traveling to India and where they will be staying in the country.
Traveling from Chile to India
Chilean travelers arriving in India can enter the country via 28 designated airports and five seaports.
Once a traveler’s visa is approved, they should print it out and take it with them to present to border officials when they enter the country through one of the designated ports of entry. They should also carry it with them during their entire stay in the country, and be aware of the travel conditions for visitors to India with criminal records.
It is also advised Chilean passengers have all the recommended information about driving in India (special regulations, licenses, and other details).
Visitors to India may leave the country via any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.