Visiting India for tourism, business, or medical purposes has become easier for Colombians with the introduction of the India eVisa, an electronic travel authorization that can be requested entirely online.
The eVisa for India is currently available for 169 countries globally and represents an important contribution to the tourism industry in India that has seen steady growth in the past few years.
This new process has also reduced waiting times for receiving a visa for India, making it easier for applicants to request it comfortably from their own homes.
Do Colombian Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
Yes, Colombian citizens need a visa to enter India. They can apply online for the India eVisa and receive it via email within a few days.
There are currently three types of eVisas available for India, each with different validity periods and entries allowed. Here are all of them at a glance:
- Tourist eVisa for India: allows trips for tourism, visiting friends or family, or yoga retreats. This eVisa is valid for one year and allows two entries in India with a maximum stay of 90 days
- Business eVisa to work in India: valid for purposes such as business meetings, sales or trades, tour guiding, recruitment, or delivering lectures, among others. The business eVisa allows a double entry for a maximum of 180 days and is valid for one year
- Medical eVisa for treatment in India: allows travelers to receive short term medical treatment in India for a maximum of 60 days and three entries
Colombian citizens can apply for all of these eVisa types, depending on the purpose of their trip.
Required Documents for Getting the India Visa from Colombia
Colombian citizens will need to provide the following documents at the moment of their online application:
- A passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry in India
- An email address to receive the eVisa
- A credit or debit card for the online payment of the visa fee
- A digital copy of the biographical page of the passport
- A recent passport-style color photo
Note: travelers should ensure that at the moment of their trip they still have at least two blank pages in their passport for the entry stamp.
In addition to the aforementioned Indian eVisa entry requirements, travelers from Colombia may need to provide a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card when entering the country. This only applies to travelers that have previously visited countries with a yellow fever risk.
It is important to provide proof of vaccination to enter India when applicable to avoid being quarantined for 6 days when arriving in the nation.
India Visa Application Form for Colombian Citizens
The application form can be completed online from anywhere in the world within just 10 minutes. Colombian citizens should be prepared to provide the following information in their online application:
- Personal details: full name, nationality, date, and place of birth, address and contact info
- Passport details
- Additional personal information: marital status, profession, and educational qualification
- Details of the stay: places they plan to visit while in India
- Expected port of entry and port of exit
- Countries visited in the last ten years
- Visible identification marks
Additionally, applicants will need to answer a series of security questions and complete the online payment with a credit or debit card.Apply for e-Visa
India eVisa for Colombians: Processing times
Once the application has been submitted it usually takes around four days for processing, in some cases a bit longer. Any inaccuracies in the information provided can lead to delays or even denial, so applicants should double-check all details to ensure they are up to date.
Some documentation, such as the digital copy of the passport and the photo can also be provided at a later time, but applicants should keep in mind the processing time from the moment the application is complete.
When granted, the visa will be sent via email at the address provided at the moment of the application.
Travelers are expected to print a copy of their India eVisa to present to the authorities at the border control and to have with them at all times during their stay.
It is important to note that it is not possible to extend the validity of the India eVisa, so travelers should make sure not to exceed the 90 days.
Colombian citizens can request a maximum of two eVisas within one year.