Since 2014, India’s government has made it easier for over 169 countries to apply for an online electronic visa. Czech citizens are included in this list of eligible applicants.
Around 11 million international visitors traveled to India in 2019 and the number is expected to increase each year. The eVisa for India can now be obtained online which means it is no longer necessary to organize an appointment with a local Indian embassy or consulate, saving applicants time and money.
Indian eVisa Types for Czech Citizens
India’s government has divided its electronic visas into four group types:
- The Indian Tourist eVisa to visit the country for leisure
- The Business eVisa for India, suitable for those Czech nationals willing to work or develop certain types of projects for the short term in India
- The Medical eVisa India, which is available for specific treatments related to the applicants’ health
- The Medical Attendant eVisa, which has been created for those Czech citizens who are accompanying a holder of an Indian Medical eVisa
Depending on the reason for visiting India, a citizen of the Czech Republic is eligible to apply for one of the eVisa types listed above.
India Tourist eVisa for Czech travelers
The eVisa for tourism allows a traveler to visit India for a maximum of 90 days. It is a single-entry visa that can be used for tourism purposes such as touring around India, visiting friends and family or enrolling in yoga programs.
Czech passport holders must enter the country of India within one year of the visa approval.
Business eVisa for India from the Czech Republic
The eVisa for business authorizes a Czech national to travel to India for business objectives. This type of eVisa allows double-entry into India for a maximum stay of 180 days in total. Please note that the maximum number of days allowed in India will begin from the first entry date
Business objectives include the following:
- Sales, purchases or trade
- Carrying out technical and/or business meetings
- Starting industrial/business ventures
- Organizing and managing business tours
- Running lectures under the Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN)
- To hire a workforce
- Taking part in exhibitions or business/trade fairs
- Providing support in connection with an ongoing project
Medical eVisa for India: How to apply as Czech
A Czech patient seeking short-term medical treatment is eligible to apply for the Medical eVisa.
This type of visitor is allowed triple-entry into India with a maximum stay of 60 days. Again, the maximum number of days allowed in India will begin from the first entry date.
A key requirement needed for this type of eVisa is a copy of a letter from the hospital providing treatment in India. It must include the company’s official letterhead and also the date when the traveler is to undergo the treatment.
India Medical Attendant eVisa available for Czech nationals
In connection with the Medical eVisa, there is also the possibility for Czech nationals to acquire a Medical Attendant eVisa.
The Medical Attendant permit is intended for visitors from the Czech Republic who wish to accompany a patient who will be receiving treatment in India.
The Medical Attendant eVisa also allows triple-entry into India with a maximum stay of 60 days. It is important to note that only two Medical Attendant eVisa can be granted for each Medical eVisa.
Indian eVisa Requirements for Czech Citizens: Documents and Conditions
There are a number of Indian visa requirements a Czech citizen must take into consideration before applying for an eVisa. The traveler is expected to provide the following when completing the online application form:
- An authentic Czech passport (ensuring the validity of 6 months from the arrival date)
- A passport-style photo (the photo must have a white background, the format of JPEG and between 350×350 pixels and 1,000×1,000 pixels)
- A current and authentic email address
- A valid credit or debit card
Czech Passport Holders Applying for an Indian eVisa
Completion of the online application form is essential in order to obtain an eVisa for India.
The Indian government has designed this online visa application process to speed up the entire visa procedure. It generally takes around 2 to 4 business days for an eVisa to be granted to a Czech applicant, however, it may take longer to process in some circumstances.
It is suggested to print a copy of the approved eVisa to present when entering India.
Once in India, travelers from the Czech Republic are advised to take into consideration the maximum length of stay allowed with an Indian eVisa, since overstaying with an India electronic visa can have negative consequences.Apply for e-Visa now
Arriving in India From Czech Republic: Authorized Entry Ports
There are 26 designated airports and 5 designated seaports for Czech travelers to enter into India.
Those considering entering India via land checkpoints are advised to visit their local Indian embassy or consulate as entering through land points is not authorized with an eVisa. Czech travelers will be required to obtain another type of visa if that is the case.