The India visa for Dutch citizens is available for three different visiting purposes: touristic, business, or medical purposes.
Visiting India is a great experience considering the limitless sights and tastes to explore. From national parks, wildlife safaris, white sand beaches, religious mystic sites, to various authentic festivals, massive temples, caves, forts and carvings, India has endless opportunities for a memorable adventure.
Do Netherlands Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
Netherlands passport holders need to obtain an Indian eVisa before traveling to India. However, the tedious process of having to set appointments with embassies or consulates and the long waiting times for approved visas to arrive have been eliminated by the implementation of the online visa application.
This process has become even faster than obtaining a visa upon arrival by not having to wait at the airport in long queues.
Depending on the purpose of the visit, the following are the 3 main categories of the Indian eVisas available:
- The Indian tourist visa for Dutch citizens allows double entry throughout its 1-year validity from the date of issue, supporting consecutive stays up to 90 days from the date of entry.
- The Indian business visa for Dutch citizens is valid for 1 year from the date of issue, also supports double entry and allows longer consecutive stays of up to 180 days in total.
- Whereas, the Indian medical visa for Dutch citizens has a shorter validity period, up to 60 days from the date of issue, allows triple entries with consecutive stays up to 60 days.
Required Documents for Getting an Indian Visa for Dutch citizens
To apply for the Indian eVisa, there are a number of documents required for submission apart from filling in the online application form.
The India visa requirements for citizens of the Netherlands consists of the following documents:
- Recent front facing photograph with a white background
- Scanned bio page of passport showing a clear photograph and personal details (name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date, etc.)
- Passport, at least six months of remaining validity from the date of intended arrival
- Two blank passport pages for stamps
- Valid email address
- Return plane ticket or onward journey ticket
- Proof of sufficient financial means during the stay in India
- Credit or debit card for the visa fee payment
The criteria required for the digital photograph are as follows:
- White background
- Clear full face, centered, eyes open, front view
- No borders
- Height and width must be equal
- JPEG Format
- A minimum size of 10 KB up to a maximum of 1 MB
The scanned bio page of the passport is also required to adhere to the following criteria:
- PDF format
- Size from 10 KB up to a maximum of 300 KB
There may be additional documents required, such as:
- Health insurance
- The Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate if coming from affected countries
It is not possible to apply on behalf of other family members. Individuals endorsed on the parent’s or spouse’s passports cannot be granted a visa, therefore, should apply separately.
India Visa Application Form for Dutch Citizens
To get the India visa from the Netherlands travelers must apply at least 4 days before the intended trip, although the applying window is open for up to 120 days in advance. The online India visa application form is simple to complete, requiring the applicants to provide a few basic personal details, passport information and security questions, such as full name, birth date, passport expiry date.
After filling in the details on the application form, completing the online visa fee payment and attaching the required documents, applicants can expect a reply from 2 to 4 days. The approved visa will be sent to the email address provided, which should then be printed out and brought to the airport upon arrival.
In case of mistakes or missing documents, the application may take longer to process or be rejected altogether.Apply for e-Visa
Currently, travelers with Indian eVisas can enter through 28 airports and 5 seaports. Travelers must enter India with the same passport as used to apply for the electronic visa. It is advisable to keep a copy of the approved visa at all times during the visit to India.
In case of wanting to stay longer than the allowed number of days, travelers should keep in mind that the Indian electronic visa cannot be extended or converted.