India, located in South Asia, is the seventh-largest and second-most populous country in the world. Bordering on three large bodies of water (the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea, and the Bay of Bengal) makes India a desired travel destination for people from all over. Since it is such a popular vacation spot, the Indian government has made applying for an India visa from UAE as simple as possible. The introduction of the eVisa for India means obtaining an India tourist visa for Emirati citizens can be done from the comfort of your home.
Do Emirati Citizens Need a Visa for India?
Anyone wishing to enter India, either for business, pleasure or medical reasons, must provide authorities with a valid visa. United Arab Emirates citizens intending to visit India for pleasure may apply for an e-tourist visa online. The e-visa must be obtained prior to landing in the country.
The eVisa for India allows tourists to travel to India for visits of a maximum of 90-day stays at a time. The validity of the visa permits multiple trips within a year.
Required Documents to Get the India Visa for Emirati Citizens
Travelers must verify that they meet all the necessary requirements to apply for the Indian visa. The various India visa requirements for citizens of the UAE include:
- A completed application form – errors or omissions could delay the application process or result in a denial
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of a current passport, valid for at least six months
- A passport-sized photograph with a clear view of the applicant’s face on a white background
- Basic information regarding the applicant’s occupation
- The Indian port of arrival
For the fastest processing times and fewer chances of rejection, the above guidelines should be followed. The visa fee payment is also required upon submission of the online application, so make sure to have a valid credit or debit card ready when completing the application.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Visa for India from the UAE?
The India visa application is generally processed within two to four business days for citizens from the UAE. These times can vary depending on the number of applications received.
Visa applications should be submitted 5 days prior to travel. It is recommended to apply for a visa sooner rather than later once you have the necessary information available. The sooner the application is received, the better the chances of securing the visa in time for the trip.
Keep in mind, the granting of a visa and entry into another country is not guaranteed. Even if the UAE traveler received an approved visa to travel to India, the Indian immigration authorities can still deny entry into the country upon arrival. It is at their sole discretion as to who will and who will not be allowed to enter.
Apply for an Indian Visa from the UAE
Applying for an Indian visa from the UAE can be quite simple following these three basic steps:
- Complete the India eVisa online application. Ensure that all of the required information is introduced
- Make the correct visa fee payment online using a credit or debit card
- When the approved eVisa is sent to the email address included in the application, travelers should download and print a copy to take with them to present to the Indian border control upon arrival.