India’s tourism industry is growing at a fast pace. The government of India has been taking steps to ensure that the journey travelers make to come to India is as safe and as efficient as possible. In 2014, the Indian government introduced the electronic travel authorization which allows citizens of over 166 countries worldwide to travel to Indian on an eVisa. This new system makes it easier for these travelers to obtain an Indian eVisa and is a more efficient method of obtaining a visa In general than having to visit a local Indian embassy or consulate.
Do Italian Citizens Need an eVisa for India?
All non-Indian foreign travelers, arriving in India will need to apply for and obtain an Indian visa in order to visit the country. Travelers can choose from a variety of different visas that India has to offer depending on the nature of their intended visit to the country. For sightseeing and other tourism-related activities, travelers can choose to apply for the Indian eTourist visa. For business-related ventures, travelers have the option of applying for an eBusiness visa and for medical purposes, travelers can apply for an eMedical visa or an eMedical-Attendant visa depending on their situation.
Travelers arriving in the country on an Indian eVisa can enter the country from one of 28 designated airports and 5 seaports, but departure can be planned from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts. It must be noted, however that if the travelers plan to arrive by land or by sea, they will need to obtain an Indian visa through a local Embassy or Consulate before arriving in the country.e-Visa for Italian Citizens
Documents Required for Getting the Indian eVisa for Italian Citizens
Some of the basic requirements that travelers need to fulfill in order to apply for an Indian eVisa include:
- Having a valid email address
- Having valid bank account information in the form of a valid debit/credit card
- Having a valid passport
Additionally, travelers to India will need to consider the following eligibility requirements before beginning the application process:
- Travelers must have a valid passport that will be valid for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in India
- Travelers must have at least 2 blank pages on their passport for entry and exit stamps to be placed.
- Travelers will have to carry their eTourist visa with them at all times during their stay in India
- Travelers must have a return ticket or a ticket of onward travel while applying for an Indian eTourist visa
- The aTourist visa is valid for a total of 90 consecutive days in the country
- The eTourist visa cannot be converted into any other type of visa
- The eTourist visa cannot be extended beyond the maximum length of stay,i.e. 90 days
- Travelers can apply for an Indian eTourist visa a maximum of 2 times within a given year.
- Travelers holding a diplomatic passport or those having International travel documents cannot apply for an Indian eVisa
- Each individual applying for an Indian eVisa must have his/her own passport irrespective of his/her age.
- Parents cannot list their children on their eVisa application
How Long Does It Take to Get an eVisa for India from Italy?
The processing time for an Indian eTourist visa application is 4 business days. However, there might be delays in processing if any additional evidence is required from the applicant to support the information submitted in the application form. This evidence can be in the form of a scanned copy of the applicant’s biographical page and a recent color photo of the applicant. This color photo needs to follow certain specification, such as:
- The applicant’s face must be centered
- The applicant’s face must be clearly visible
- The applicant’s face must be showing from the crown to the tip of the chin
- The photo must not be blurred
- The photo should be in focus
Apply for An Indian eVisa from Italy
Applicants can fill out the Indian eTourist visa application at the Indian Online eVisa website. The application form will ask the applicant to list some personal information such as Full Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Citizenship, Permanent Address, and Contact Information. Applicants may also be asked questions regarding their professional background, educational qualifications, marital status, religion, expected ports of entry and exit from India, travel details, countries they’ve visited in the last 10 years and passport information.
Additionally, travelers will be asked certain security questions in the form of a yes or no format. Applicants will have to choose the answer based on whether or not the given scenario applies to them.
In some cases, if the applicants have visited a country where Yellow Fever is a concern in the last 10 years, they will be required to obtain a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card. This card will have to be presented to Indian Immigration and Border Control Officials otherwise the traveler will be quarantined for up to 6 days upon arrival.
As part of completing the Indian eTourist visa application, travelers will have to pay a processing fee using a valid debit/credit card. Travelers will get an opportunity to review the information they’ve submitted before submitting the application.
It is important for travelers to ensure that the information on the form and that on their passport matches exactly otherwise there might be delays during processing or a potential denial of visa in some cases.
When the traveler receives his/her Indian eVisa visa email, he/she is expected to take a printed copy of the eVisa with him/her when h/she travels. This will have to be presented to Indian Immigration and Border Control officials upon arrival at the Indian port of entry along with the traveler’s passport. Once the Indian officials verify the traveler’s information, the traveler will then be obligated to provide his/her fingerprints and his/her photograph. Upon completion of which, an entry sticker will be placed on the traveler’s passport granting them entry into India.Apply for eVisa to India