Like tourism, other parts of the Indian economy are also booming specifically the IT sector. It is already the biggest economy in South Asia and is projected to continue to grow. Making it an ideal country for French citizens to invest in.
Do French Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
French passport holders, like most nationalities, require a visa before they can travel to India. While obtaining a visa on arrival was previously an option, in 2014, the Indian Government halted the system process. Now, French citizens have two options for applying for a visa; they can apply through the Indian embassy or apply online for an electronic visa (India eVisa).
The eVisa is available for those that are planning to visit India for a short period. The Indian visa for citizens of France through the eVisa process is valid for a continuous stay of up to 90 days, it cannot be extended. It is available for tourist, business, or medical purposes.
With the whole application process being 100% online, French citizens can apply whenever and from wherever they want, providing they have all the required documents at hand. The overall process takes around 20-30 minutes per application and the decision is emailed to the applicant in approximately 2 business days. It is recommended that you apply for the visa weeks before your date to fly out. However, the latest you can apply is 4 days prior to your flight. With an eVisa, you can travel to and from 24 designated airports and 3 seaports. These include all major airports such as Mumbai, Delhi, and Chennai. It is important you book your flights to these specific airports since they have the technology to accept and permit entry to those with eVisas.
What Documents Do the French Need for the Indian Visa?
The Indian visa requirements for French citizens include certain documents that must be submitted along with the application form. In order to be granted an Indian visa from France, the following must be submitted:
- A completed India eVisa application form. The application won’t be submitted until payment is made online with a credit or debit card
- A passport photograph in JPEG format. The photo should have a white background with the individual’s face in the center
- A valid passport. A colored scanned copy of the biographical pages must be provided in PDF format
While the Indian embassy doesn’t require many documents, it is imperative that all the documents submitted meet the embassy’s requirements. If they don’t, there is a higher chance of the visa being rejected.
Indian Visa Application Form for French Citizens
The application form for an Indian tourist visa for French citizens requires applicants to fill out the following details:
- Personal information: This includes the name as it appears on your passport, date and place of birth, passport details, marital status, religion, any mark of identification, and contact information such as email, phone, and home address.
- Professional information: Your current occupation.
- Educational information: The level of education you have.
- Travel information: Where you have traveled in the last 10 years, where you plan to travel to within India, and your entry and exit points.
There will also be a series of security questions that will be asked within the application.Apply for e-Visa Now
Applying for an Indian visa for French citizens is actually not as lengthy of a process as it may seem. India e-Visa simplifies the process into three steps which consist of filling out the application, reviewing it and processing payment, and waiting for a response from the Indian embassy. With the whole process being online, you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home and wait in line at an embassy.