With such a vast and varied geography, it is hard not to find a beautiful place in India. Hungarian nationals will have the opportunity of visiting India and experience the breathtaking landscapes it offers by applying online for their visa in minutes.
Hungary is one of the over 160 eligible countries that can obtain an electronic travel authorization to access India. Since the launch of the online India eVisa in 2014, the process of obtaining a travel permit for India has become much easier and can be completed in a few simple steps.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit India from Hungary?
Hungarian nationals are eligible for various types of Indian electronic visas. Each type has its own period of validity:
- The multiple-entry eTourist visa to enter India, which allows visitors from Hungary a continuous stay of up to 90 days in India
- The India double-entry eBusiness visa, which gives Hungarians a total stay of 180 days, starting from the date of their first entry into India
- The triple-entry eMedical visa for India has a shorter validity period, 120 days from the date of issue with a maximum stay of 60 days; while the Indian eMedical attendant visas are issued with the same conditions to Hungarian relatives accompanying the patient
Hungarians must enter India before their eVisa expires. Once the tourist or business eVisa is approved, the validity period is of one year from the date of approval.
Applicants from Hungary who have been granted their electronic visas can use it to enter India through any of the designated airports and seaports.
What Documents Do Hungarians Need to Get an Indian Visa?
Before applying for the Indian eVisa, nationals from Hungary must ensure they have the following:
- A valid Hungarian passport
- A valid email address
- A valid debit/credit card
Furthermore, foreigners will also need to consider complying with the following requirements for an Indian eVisa:
- The passport must have at least 6 months of remaining validity from the date of intended arrival
- The passport bio page must show a clear photograph and personal details
- The passport must present two empty pages where entry and exit stamps are to be placed by Immigration and Border Control officials
India eVisa restrictions
- The eTourist visa cannot be changed into another Indian visa or extended beyond the maximum allowed length of stay listed on the approved permit
- Foreigners can obtain an Indian eTourist visa only twice in any given year
- Children traveling to India need to apply for a separate eVisa – parents cannot include them in their visa applications
- Visitors must carry a copy of their Indian eVisa with them at all times during their time in India
- Applicants with a diplomatic passport are not eligible to apply for an Indian eTourist Visa
- Hungarians must have a return or onward journey ticket when applying for the Indian eTourist visa
- Travelers from Hungary must demonstrate enough funds or proof of sufficient financial means to cover their expenses during their stay in India
Those Hungarians requesting an eBusiness or eMedical visa to India may need further documentation, such as a business card or a letter from the hospital where the treatment will take place.
Note: If Hungarians are planning to arrive in India via land, they are required to obtain a visa from a local Indian embassy or consulate beforehand.
How Long Does it Take for an Indian Visa to Be Approved From Hungary?
Hungarian nationals can obtain an electronic visa by filling in the India eVisa application form, which should not take longer than 15 minutes to complete. The processing of the application does not take longer than 2 to 4 business days.
This new system avoids appointments with embassies or consulates, queues at the airport, and delays. Therefore, it is considered the quickest Indian visa to obtain.
How Can Hungarian Citizens Apply for an Indian Visa?
Hungarian citizens can apply for an Indian eVisa entirely online.
The application form will ask the Hungarian traveler to list some of the following personal information:
- First and last name
- Date and place of birth
- Country of citizenship and nationality
- Permanent address
- Passport details
Applicants might also be required to provide additional details such as the following:
- Marital status
- Information regarding their stay in India
- Countries they have visited in the past 10 years
- Educational qualifications
- Visible identification marks
All the information submitted on the application must be correct and match the details shown on the applicant’s passport.
Visitors from Hungary will also be asked to answer some security questions in order to demonstrate they will not pose a security risk during their arrival, stay, or departure.