Do Japanese Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
A Japanese citizen will need to get the eVisa before entry into India. Before applying for an eVisa, the applicant needs to have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival in India. The applicant’s passport must have at least two blank pages which will enable the border control authorities to give an immigration stamp on these blank pages upon entry and when departing. The visa validity depends on the type of India eVisa. For the e-business visa, the visit shouldn’t be more than 180 days, and for an e-tourist India visa for Japanese citizens, the validity can extend for up to 180 days.
The validity period for the India business visa for Japanese citizens is one year which will be counted from the date of approval. Lastly, the e-medical India visa for Japanese citizens is valid for 60 days.
To avoid getting into problems with authorities, Japanese travelers that have applied for the Indian eVisa are expected to carry a copy of his or her approved electronic Indian visa at all times when in India.
India Visa Requirements for Japanese Citizens
There are requirements for the Indian visa for Japanese citizens and as such, applicants must find out what it takes before applying to avoid waste of application fees and ineligibility. The electronic visa for Japanese citizens will be sent to the applicant via email after it has been processed and issued electronically. The biometric information will only be taken at the airport when the traveler arrives in India. The passport will be stamped at the port of entry.
Documents Needed for the Indian Visa for Japanese Citizens
The following documents and items will be necessary when applying for an Indian eVisa from Japan:
- A digital photo of the traveler
- A valid passport
- A passport scan of the information page
- Personal questions that have been answered by the traveler
- Valid online payment with a credit or debit card
Four Easy Steps for Applying for an Indian Visa for Japanese Citizens
- Start by filling out the application form for the Indian visa.
- After filling out the form, pay your eVisa fee online. All you need to do after this point is to check your email for additional information from the site or updates. You might be requested to provide more documents to aid the processing of your Indian visa.
- Check your inbox after a few working days or a week. The processing time depends on the type of processing time you requested for the visa. It will take 3 working days for a regular visa processing, 2 working days for urgent visa processing, and 1 working day for immediate visa processing.
Applicants must do the following after approval:
- Get your visa approval mail from your email inbox
- Print it out ready for the journey to India
Make sure you prepare the required documents listed above to show to the immigration officers with your visa when you arrive in India.
- Receive a stamp at border control
- Present your Indian visa and get it stamped either in the airport or seaport by immigration
- Get the Indian visa stamped into your passport at the India immigration desk, and you are good to go!
The Indian visa for Japanese citizens is valid for 28 entry-designated airports which include Ahmedabad, Delhi, Gaya, Lucknow, and more. Seaports include Cochin and Goa Chennai. You must arrive in India before your eVisa expires.India eVisa for Japanese