The Indian government has made the India eVisa available to passport holders from Peru. This electronic system allows visitors to register online and receive the eVisa via email, eliminating the need for long lines at an embassy or consulate.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit India From Peru?
There are several different India visa types than Peruvian nationals can apply for.
It is advisable for travelers from Peru to learn about the different options depending on the purpose of their trip and their intended length of stay in the country:
e-Tourist visa India for Peruvian citizens
The India tourist visa for nationals of Peru offers travelers the following benefits:
- Grants holders multiple entries in India
- Suitable for a maximum of 90 days per stay
- This visa is ideal for leisure travelers and tourists
- Has a one-year validity period
e-Business visa India for citizens of Peru
The India business visa for Peruvian nationals has multiple advantages:
- Grants visitors multiple entries in India
- Permits a maximum of 180 days per business trip
- This visa is suitable for business travelers
- Holders benefit from a one-year validity period
e-Medical visa India for Peruvian nationals
- Allows visitors multiple entries in India
- Grants holders a maximum of 60 days per visit
- The e-Medical visa is suitable for Peruvian patients seeking healthcare in India
- The e-Medical attendant visa is granted for up to 2 Peruvian family members of an e-Medical visa holder
- Both types of visas have a 120-day validity period
In order to apply for any of the different India visa types, it is necessary for passport holders from Peru to have the necessary requirements and documentation.
What Documents Do Peruvians Need to Get an Indian Visa?
To successfully apply for an eVisa India, it is necessary to comply with all of the India visa requirements for citizens of Peru. These are:
- A valid Peruvian passport that remains unexpired for at least 6 months beyond the intended date of entry in India
- A current email address that the applicant has access to. This is where the India eVisa will be delivered, once it is granted. Applicants will also receive notifications regarding their visa request at this email address
- A credit or debit card with which the applicant will cover the India eVisa required fees
Please note that once the India eVisa is granted, it will remain digitally linked to the passport used in the application, and cannot be transferred to a different passport belonging to the same citizen.
Therefore, Peruvian citizens with more than one valid passport due to dual nationality will have to choose one passport to apply for the India eVisa. The passport used in the application process must be the one the traveler intends to travel to India on.
Depending on the travel purpose, the India visa for Peruvian citizens may also require applicants to provide additional documentation to support their application, such as:
- A recent passport-style photo in full color, on a white background (for all visa types)
- A business card or business letter (for business visa)
- A medical letter (for medical visa)
How Long Does It Take for an Indian Visa to Be Approved From Peru?
Completing an eVisa India application from Peru usually takes no more than 10 minutes to complete, once the applicant has all the necessary visa requirements and documentation at hand.
As soon as the form is submitted and payment is received, most India eVisa applications made by Peruvian nationals are approved within 2 business days.
Nevertheless, since certain applications may require additional documentation, it is best practice to apply at least 4 business days before the traveler’s intended date of departure towards India.
How Can Peruvian Citizens Apply for an Indian Visa?
Applying for an eVisa India from Peru is a quick and straightforward process that can be completed from the comfort of the traveler’s home or office.
Peruvians can access the eVisa India application form online from their mobile phone, tablet or personal computer. Then, applicants will be asked to provide their personal details, passport data and travel information, including:
- Full name (exactly as printed on passport)
- Marital status
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport country
- Passport number
- Passport expiration date
- Passport date of issuance
- Purpose of visit to India
- Intended port of entry
- Intended arrival date
Once the Peruvian national has submitted their India eVisa application and the payment has been received, their request will be processed.
As soon as the Indian eVisa is granted, the applicant will receive a notification via email —at the email address they provided in the application form— informing them that their request is approved. A digital copy of the eVisa will be included in the email notification.