Travelers from all over the world arrive in India every year to experience its diverse culture, see its wonderful landmarks and participate in spiritual retreats.
The Indian government in 2014 introduced a new electronic travel authorization, which allows citizens from 169 countries to travel to Indian on an eVisa.
Do Taiwanese Citizens Need a Visa for India?
Currently, all foreigners traveling to India, unless they are diplomats or holders or special travel documents, need to apply for and obtain an eVisa before traveling to the country.
There are several types of Indian eVisas that Taiwanese citizens can apply for based on the nature of their intended visit to the country.
Taiwanese travelers can apply for the Indian eTourist visa for engaging in touristic activities in India, participate in spiritual retreats and visit friends/family living in the country.
There are also eVisas offered by the Indian government to Taiwanese nationals interested in traveling to the country for business or those seeking medical treatment in the country.
Travelers can look through the complete list of eVisas offered by the Indian government in order to apply for the right type of visa for their travel needs.
What Is the Eligibility Criteria for an Indian eVisa for Taiwanese Citizens?
In order to begin applying for the Indian eTourist visa, travelers from Taiwan will need to have a functioning email address, and valid debit/credit card information, as well as an active passport.
Furthermore, Taiwanese applicants will need to be cognizant of the following eligibility requirements that determine whether or not an eTourist visa application is successful:
- Applicants have a passport that will be valid for 6 months from the date of his/her arrival in India
- Applicants have at least two empty pages on their passport where entry/exit stamps can be placed
- The Indian eTourist visa non-convertible and non-extendible
- The maximum length of stay on an Indian eTourist visa is 90 days. There are strict rules related to overstaying an Indian visa
- Every traveler must have their own passport regardless of their age
- Parents cannot list their children on their eVisa application. Each child will require his/her own eVisa application
- Travelers must have a return ticket or ticket of onward travel while applying for the Indian eVisa
- Travelers can apply for the Indian eVisa a maximum of two times during a given year
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to cover their stay in India
- The eVisa cannot be used for entry into restricted/prohibited areas or cantonment areas
- Travelers that hold a diplomatic passport or International travel documents cannot apply for an Indian eVisa
The Indian government has designated 28 airports and 5 seaports from which Indian eTourist visa holders can arrive in the country.
If the travelers expect to arrive via land or sea, they will need to obtain a visa for India through a local embassy or consulate before arriving in the country.
What is the Application Process for an Indian eVisa from Taiwan?
If an applicant meets all the pre-requisites needed to apply for an Indian eTourist visa, he/she can then begin the application process by accessing the Indian Online eVisa website.
This website contains a link to an online form that applicants must fill out with some basic personal details such as:
- First name and last name as they appear on the applicant’s passport
- Country of citizenship
- Date of birth and place of birth
- Passport details
- Address and contact information
Additionally, applicants will be asked a series of security questions that will need to be answered in a yes/no format. This part of the questionnaire might include information about the vaccines needed to apply for an Indian visa.
Applicants are advised to answer those questions as honestly and truthfully as possible.
Some applicants may need to submit additional evidence such as a scanned copy of the passport page that contains the biographical information relating to the applicant as well as a recent color photograph of themselves.
The photograph needs to be taken according to the following specifications:
- The photo must be taken against a white background
- The applicant’s face must be in the center
- The applicant’s face must be showing from the crown to the tip of the chin
- The applicant’s facial features are clearly visible
- The photo is in focus and not blurred out
Applicants must fill out the Indian eTourist visa application carefully, making sure that the information entered on the application form matches that shown on the applicant’s passport.
To complete the application process, applicants will need to make a payment via a valid debit/credit card in order to have the application processed.Apply for e-Visa now
When Can Taiwanese Travelers Expect to Receive Their eVisa?
Once the application has been submitted, the applicant will receive the Indian eTourist visa via email within 2 to 4 business days.
The processing of the eVisa application might take longer in some cases, therefore, Taiwanese nationals must always consider applying for their visa ahead of time in order to avoid any potential delays or application denials.
Travelers must take a printed copy of their eVisa with them when they travel as it will have to be presented at the port of entry to Indian Immigration and Border Officials along with their passport.
After the traveler’s visa and other documents have been verified, he/she will need to provide their fingerprints as well as a recent photo to Indian authorities.
Upon completion of which, the entry stamp will be placed on their passport, allowing them to enter the country for the period of time listed on their eVisa.