What is the India business visa?
The India business visa allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country. The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of 180 days starting from the date of first entry in the country.
From April 1st, 2017, e-Visa for India were separated into three categories, one being the business visa. The window for application under the electronic visa system was increased from 30 days to 120 days, which means foreign visitors can apply up to 120 days before their expected arrival date in India. However it is advised that business travelers apply for their business visa at least 4 days before their trip. Most application are processed within 4 days, but in some cases, the visa processing might take a few more days. Once approved, its validity is one year.
How does e-Business visa work?
Travelers who want to get their e-Business visa for India must know the following before completing an application:
- The e-Business visa for India validity is 180 days from the arrival date.
- The e-Business visa is a double entry visa.
- This visa type is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- Individuals can apply for a maximum of two e-Visas during a calendar year.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Business visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- The e-Business visa cannot be used and is not valid to visit protected/restricted or Cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Business visa for India.
It is important to note that there are additional e-Business Visa evidence requirements in order to successfully obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Business Card, the simplest, or a Business Letter;
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
What you can do with the India business visa
The eBusiness Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization to travel to India for business purposes. The business visa for India is a double-entry visa with a maximum stay of 180 days.
The e-Business can be used for any of the following:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lecture(s) under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit manpower.
- To participate in exhibitions or business/trade fairs.
- Expert/specialist in connection with an on-going project.
How long you can stay in India with e-business visa
The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of up to 180 days from the the date of first entry in India. Eligible citizens can obtain a maximum of two e-Visas within one year. If you need to stay in India for more than 180 days, you might need to apply for a consular visa. E-Visas for India are not extendable.
An eBusiness visa holder must arrive through one of the 28 designated airports or 5 designated seaports. E-Business visa holders can leave the country from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPS) in India. If you need to arrive to India by land or through a port of entry you that is not in the designated e-Visa ports you will need to get a visa at an embassy or consulate.
Passport holders from over 160 countries can obtain a business visa for India online. The application process is entirely electronic, meaning visitors are not required to attend an embassy or consulate in person.
Business travelers can submit their application as early as 120 days before departure and must complete the request at least 4 business days in advance.
In addition to meeting the general Indian eVisa requirements, business travelers must also provide a business letter or business card and answer some questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
On approval, the India business visa is sent to the applicant by email.
The India e-business visa application is quick to complete. Provided travelers have all the required information and documents to hand the form can be completed within a matter of minutes.
Visitors can submit an e-business request as early as 4 months before the date of arrival. The application should be made no later than 4 business days in advance to allow time for processing. Many applicants receive their visas within 24 hours.With no need to go to an embassy or consulate in person, the electronic visa is the fastest way to gain access to India for business purposes.
To apply for an Indian business visa online, eligible foreign visitors must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. Applicants must also supply a passport-style photo that meets all the India visa photo requirements.
All overseas arrivals must be able to provide evidence of onward travel, such as a return flight ticket.
Additional evidence required for a business visa includes a business card or letter. There are also some questions about the sending and receiving organizations.
Conveniently, supporting documents are uploaded electronically with no need to present paperwork in person at an Indian consulate or embassy.