What is the Indian medical attendant visa?
A valid passport and visa are required for travel to India. A Medical Attendant Visa can be granted to up to two attendants accompanying a person who is a e-Medical Visa holder and is seeking medical treatment in India.
The medical attendant visa will only be granted to family members of the person who will receive treatment in India. The visa is valid for up to 60 days and it is not extendable. Foreign visitors must complete an online application to obtain this visa type. Applicants will also need to scan the biographical page of their passport to successfully apply the medical attendant visa.
How does e-Medical attendant visa work?
Applicants of the eligible countries and territories may apply online between 7 to 4 days in advance of the date of arrival in India. Though most applications are approved within 4 days, some applications might take longer to process.
A Medical Attendant Visa can be granted to up to two family members accompanying a person who holds a e-Medical Visa. The Medical Attendant Visas will have the same validity as the e-Medical Visa.
To complete the application, travelers are required to provide a few essential details which include giving the following information: full name, date and place of birth, address, contact info and passport data.
All applicants must answer a series of security questions and pay the Indian e-Medical visa fee with a debit or credit card. Once approved, the e-Visa for medical purposes will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
What you can do with the India eMedical attendant visa
The India e-Medical attendant visa has been created with the purpose of allowing family members of a e-Medical visa holder to accompany them.
There are a few things that applicants should know about the medical attendant visa. These include:
- All travelers are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved e-Visa India authorization at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Medical visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- Parents may not include their children in their online Visa for India application.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
How long you can stay in India with e-Medical visa
Once approved, the e-Medical attendant visa will be valid for 60 days from the first day of entry in India. Foreign visitors can obtain a e-medical attendant visa three times within one year. However, this type of visa can only be used to travel with someone who has a e-Medical visa and is going to receive medical treatment in India.