What is the Indian medical visa?
The e-Medical Visa for India is an online travel authorization for foreign nationals who wish to seek medical treatment in the country. A medical Indian visa allows the holder to enter the country a total of 3 times.
The e-Medical visa is a short term visa granted for medical treatment reasons. This type of visa is only granted to the patient and not to family members. Blood relatives can obtain the medical attendant visa to accompany the e-Medical visa holder.
How does e-Medical visa work?
Obtaining an Medical visa is a straightforward process. Eligible travelers who wish to receive medical treatment can easily complete the application providing a few essential details which include their full name, date and place of birth, address, contact info and passport data.
All applicants must answer a series of security questions and pay the Indian e-Medical visa fee with a debit or credit card. Once approved, the e-Visa for medical purposes will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
To successfully obtain the e-Medical visa for India, applicants must know the following:
- From the date of arrival, the validity of Indian e-Medical Visa will be 60 days.
- Triple entry is permitted with the Indian Medical visa.
- Medical trips are available for maximum of 3 times in a year.
- This type of Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting protected restricted Areas
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Medical visa
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age
- Parents may not include their children in their online Visa for India application
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Tourist visa for India
- A letter from hospital in India
- Answer questions concerning the hospital in India that will be visited
What you can do with the India eMedical visa
The e-Medical visa for India was designed for foreigners who want to obtain short-term medical treatment in India. Eligible travelers who wish to obtain this visa type must meet the evidence requirements to apply for this visa.
Only travelers who are seeking medical treatment can get this e-Visa. It’s important to get the letter from a hospital in India where the treatment will be received. Holders of a e-Medical visa cannot use this visa type to visit protected areas in India.
How long you can stay in India with e-Medical visa
Once approved, the e-Visa is sent to the applicant’s email address. The Medical visa for India grants a stay of 60 days from the first date of entry in the country. With a valid e-Medical visa, the holder can enter India up to three times.
It is possible to obtain an e-Visa for India three times per year. Each eMedical visa will grant a total stay of 60 days. Therefore, travelers can visit India for their medical treatment and obtain a second electronic visa if they need to.
FAQ about the Indian Medical Visa
Foreign nationals can acquire an India eMedical visa by filling in an online application form. This simple process can be done from the comfort of the traveler’s home or office, avoiding a trip to an embassy or consulate.
Applicants must submit their basic personal information, including their full name, nationality, and date of birth. They must also provide a contact email address and phone number as well as their passport details. Finally, some security questions must be answered.
The form is quick and easy to fill out. The approved India medical visa is then delivered to the applicant’s email address within a few business days.
Applicants must have a passport issued by an eligible country to obtain the India eMedical visa. This passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date the traveler intends to arrive in the country.
In addition, foreign nationals must provide a letter from the hospital in India where they will receive treatment, as well as evidence that they have the funds to cover their stay. They must also have a return or onward ticket when applying.
International medical patients applying for an eMedical visa for India must also provide a current email address and pay the visa fee.
It takes a matter of minutes to complete the Indian eMedical visa application form online and submit it.
Applications are typically processed quickly and approved eVisas are often emailed to the patient within 24 hours. However, the processing time can vary depending on factors such as the current volume of medical visa applications. It can sometimes take up to 4 business days and, in rare cases, a little longer.
Applicants are advised to apply at least 4 days prior to their trip. It is also recommended to take care to ensure that all the information submitted is accurate, since small errors can cause delays or even rejection of visa applications.