What is the Indian medical visa?
The e-Medical Visa for India is an online travel authorization for foreign nationals who wish to seek medical treatment in the country. A medical Indian visa allows the holder to enter the country a total of 3 times.
The e-Medical visa is a short term visa granted for medical treatment reasons. This type of visa is only granted to the patient and not to family members. Blood relatives can obtain the medical attendant visa to accompany the e-Medical visa holder.
How does e-Medical visa work?
Obtaining an Medical visa is a straightforward process. Eligible travelers who wish to receive medical treatment can easily complete the application providing a few essential details which include their full name, date and place of birth, address, contact info and passport data.
All applicants must answer a series of security questions and pay the Indian e-Medical visa fee with a debit or credit card. Once approved, the e-Visa for medical purposes will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
To successfully obtain the e-Medical visa for India, applicants must know the following:
- From the date of arrival, the validity of Indian e-Medical Visa will be 60 days.
- Triple entry is permitted with the Indian Medical visa.
- Medical trips are available for maximum of 3 times in a year.
- This type of Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting protected restricted Areas
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Medical visa
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age
- Parents may not include their children in their online Visa for India application
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Tourist visa for India
- A letter from hospital in India
- Answer questions concerning the hospital in India that will be visited
What you can do with the India eMedical visa
The e-Medical visa for India was designed for foreigners who want to obtain short-term medical treatment in India. Eligible travelers who wish to obtain this visa type must meet the evidence requirements to apply for this visa.
Only travelers who are seeking medical treatment can get this e-Visa. It’s important to get the letter from a hospital in India where the treatment will be received. Holders of a e-Medical visa cannot use this visa type to visit protected areas in India.
How long you can stay in India with e-Medical visa
Once approved, the e-Visa is sent to the applicant’s email address. The Medical visa for India grants a stay of 60 days from the first date of entry in the country. With a valid e-Medical visa, the holder can enter India up to three times.
It is possible to obtain an e-Visa for India three times per year. Each eMedical visa will grant a total stay of 60 days. Therefore, travelers can visit India for their medical treatment and obtain a second electronic visa if they need to.